3.19.2009

100 Days To Go...

According to my countdown clock, my triathlon is 100 days away! Wow, time is flying by so fast! Even though I've made so much progress, 100 days feels like it will be here before I know it! So what have I been up to this week?

Monday: Workout #1 - 5:15am boot camp. The infamous "Par" workout! It's actually one of my favorites, but totally kicks my butt! One minute each of about 12 different exercises, trying to do as many as you can in 60 seconds. Short run after every 2 sets - the run is actually intended to lower your heart rate. And when you're finished? Do it all over again! Workout #2 - 1 hour swim at the gym. After 4 laps of warm-up, I spent the rest of the hour practicing my freestyle swim.

Tuesday: My Tuesday night running group kind of fell apart this week (maybe due to the fact that it was St. Patty's Day), so I just ran at Sims Lake Park. Got a bit of a late start, so did 2 miles in 20:59 before it started to get dark.

Wednesday: Workout #1 - 5:15am boot camp. Circut training; suicide sprints; lots of crunches and other ab work. Workout #2 - TEAM swim. I promoted myself up a lane, and swam freestyle the entire hour!

Today: my rest day (which only means rest from workout - as it is my evening to try to catch up on the rest of my life!

Upcoming... Friday morning boot camp, and a Saturday bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail that I'm really looking forward to!

I'm "TRI"-ing to save lives! Want to help? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/IronGirl09/alisejackson

No comments: