3.09.2009

Back On The Workout Wagon!

I'm finally feeling about 85-90% better and am back on a regular workout schedule after 5 days off in a row :-( Update from the past few days:

Saturday: Workout #1 - Group "brick" at Columns Drive in Marietta. Since this was my first workout back, I trained on the lower end of my level...rode 10 miles, then ran 10 minutes. At that point I just felt lucky to have not coughed up what remained of my lungs (sorry, TMI, I know). Also got to break in my new bike and new bike shoes! Being clipped in to the pedals wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be!

Workout #2 - after lunch (and when the sun finally burned away the fog), rode another 6 miles on the Big Creek Greenway.

Sunday: Ran 2.5 miles at Sims Lake Park on a gorgeous 75-degree day! Time for run: 28:42. Very slow, but still trying not to relapse into another bout of illness.

Today: 5:15am bootcamp... 1 mile run in 9:13. Push ups, sit ups, upper body strength training.

Coming up for the rest of the week... running with some of my TEAMmates tomorrow night, boot camp Wednesday morning, TEAM swim Wednesday night, and boot camp Friday morning. Track clinic Saturday morning with TEAM.

I'm "TRI"-ing to save lives...want to help?

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/IronGirl09/alisejackson

No comments: