2.01.2009

Bricks, You Say?

Anticipating a beautiful, sunny Sunday, I was looking forward to taking my bike out today... I had a bunch of errands to run, but I loaded up my bike and helmet and took off. Errands ran longer than expected, but I still managed to make it out to the greenway by around 2:15pm. Did just a light ride (on my mountain bike - since I haven't bought my road bike yet), about 30-40 minutes, then decided to try what triathletes call "bricks."

Bricks are the drills where you train yourself to transition from one discipline to another, in this case, biking to running. They are also affectionately called "bricks" because this is exactly what your legs feel like when you jump off the bike and start to run! No joke. Legs = ha ha, yeah right. Didn't run very far - just back up the trail from the parking lot, turned around, and back to the car. So, this is what I have to look forward to... :-)

Weather @ Training Time: 62, Sunny

As a side note, I bought a bike carrier for my car today...but brought it home and decided that I had no interest whatsoever in reading the instructions to figure out how to attach it to the car.... alas, bike carrier currently resides in the garage, and bike is shoved in the back of the Explorer...

Planning a 5am swim at the gym before work tomorrow morning....

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ga/IronGirl09/alisejackson

No comments: